Priyanka Chopra to produce Sikkimese film, ties up with Sikkim Tourism.
Priyanka Chopra will soon be producing a Sikkimese film ‘Pahuna’ under her own banner ‘Purple Pebble Pictures’. The entire cast and most of the technicians who will work on the movie will be hired from Sikkim itself. As per reports, the banner will work closely with Ministry of Tourism Sikkim for the film Pahuna.
Films Shot in Sikkim
Yaariyan 2014 film (aaj blue hai pani pani song) also had a few scenes that were shot in Sikkim. Years back, Dev Anand starrer Jewel Thief (1967) was also filmed in Sikkim.
Sikkim was an independent country, until it merged with India in 1975. Many provisions of the Indian constitution were altered to accommodate the international treaties between Sikkim and India.
Gangtok has a Cool Nightlife
Alhough Gangtok (capital of Sikkim) may not look like a metro, but there’s plenty to do for the party animal and those who want a thriving night life.
Cafe Live & Loud is one of the oldest music clubs in North-East India where you can enjoy listening to live music. There are many more bars and nightclubs in Sikkim.
Also Read: Casinos in Sikkim.
Sikkim is a popular hill station in northeast India with a dramatic landscape, and is bordered by countries like Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal (you can visit all these places if you’re in Sikkim).
Sikkim is home to glaciers, alpine meadows and you can also see India’s highest mountain, Kangchenjunga (8,586m).
Top things to do in Sikkim:
- Cable Car Ride in Gangtok, Trekking in Goecha La Trek, Paragliding in Sikkim, River rafting on the Teesta river
- Mountain Biking from Gangtok to Rangpo
- Bird Watching in Kewzing, Yak Ride near Tsomgo Lake, Flower Exhibition at White Hall
- Caving in the North Lha-ri-nying phu (holiest caves in Sikkim)
- Leisure Walk in Rinchenpong
- Visiting Rumtek Monastery (one of the largest monasteries in Sikkim)
- Understand Tibetology (checkout the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology in Gangtok)
- Enjoy the Sikkimese Nightlife
- Eating out in 9’INE Native Cuisine Restaurant
- Try Sikkemese Tongba (native drink of Sikkim)
Watch: Sikkim Tourism