Rajnikanth formed his political party way back in in December 2017, but Rajnikanth himself won’t by fighting any elections soon, even though he insists his party will be a force to reckon with in future. it seems Rajini sir is happy doing films and won’t be giving up films anytime soon for politics.
Rajnikanth’s Darbar (directed by director AR Murgadoss) will release in January 2020 (around Pongal), Rajinikanth plays a rough-and-tough cop in the movie, with several shades of grey.
Urmila Matondkar Joins Congress
Bollywood actress Urmila Matondkar has joined the Congress party and will be contesting the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections from North Mumbai.
Urmila Matondkar says she decided to join the congress as she felt the freedom to express was under attack in India, and added that she is here to stay in politics.
Babul Supriyo vs Moon Moon Sen at Asansol
In the forthcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections, former Bollywood actress and TMC MP Moon Moon Sen will take on Bollywood singer and BJP candidate Babul Supriyo for the seat of Asansol (metropolitan city in West Bengal).
Moon Moon Sen, who finished her graduation from Somerville College in Oxford and did her Masters from Jadavpur University, is the daughter of legendary Bengali actress Suchitra Sen and Dibanath Sen, the great grandson of the Diwan of Tripura. She was dubbed a giant killer after she defeated nine-time CPI(M) MP Basudeb Acharia in Bankura in 2014.
Kamal Haasan Launches Political Party
Kamal Hassan wants to challenge the current state of politics in Tamil Nadu.
“My thoughts and actions need to collectively resonate with the people. To truly understand as to what the needs of my people are?, what is afflicting them?, what their aspirations are? The tour is neither an act of rebellion nor a gathering for glamour. This is a journey of discovery and learning and an opportunity for me to truly understand my people,” stated Kamal Haasan.
- I am not anti-Hindu and have no intention to hurt Hindus.
- Won’t hesitate to take action against those with me too if they indulge in corruption.
- My political colour is black because it contained all colours, including saffron
- I want to be the CM for people of Tamil Nadu.
Some time back, he launched a mobile app name #MaiamWhistle with the aim of reaching out to people and to address their grievances.
“There is a sense of regret and discontent over things going wrong continuously. It’s time to turn this vicious cycle into a ‘virtuous cycle.’ We are acting on an idea from my book Theditheerpom Vaa authored about 30 years ago, that addresses the concept – ‘to seek and solve,'” said Kamal about the app.
Indian Politics: Parliament is Home to Several Bollywood Celebs Now
They are hugely popular with the Indian masses. For years, they have been campaigning for big politicians, but now it seems several Bollywood celebrities themselves are keen to get into politics. For many, its actually a natural extension of their film career.
Bollywood Celebs in Politics
Superstars like Dev Anand, Sunil Dutt, Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha, Govinda have been affiliated with various political parties at some point of time. Some of them are still active in politics, whereas some realized that it wasn’t their cup of tea and have moved on.
Nevertheless, several new names from the entertainment industry contested elections this time. It seems the Indian parliament is all set to get more filmi. Bollywood is more than happy with the development, and is celebrating.
Lets take a look at our stars who contested the elections last time (just look at the number of names).
Those Who Won
- Hema Malini (BJP): The dream girl won from Mathura (Lalu Prasad once remarked that he wished to make the streets of Bihar as smooth as her cheeks)
- Kirron Kher (BJP): Won from Chandigarh, was pitted against Gul Panang (AAP)
- Moon Moon Sen (TMC): The yesteryears sex siren won from Bankura
- Shatrughan Sinha (BJP): Won from Patna Sahib
- Vinod Khanna (BJP): Won from Gurdaspur
- Paresh Rawal (BJP): Won from Ahmedabad East
- Manoj Tiwari (BJP): The Bhojpuri star won from North East Delhi
- Babul Supriyo (BJP): He’s sung songs such as Kaho na Pyar hai (Kaho na Pyar Hai), Pari Pari Hai ek Pari (Hungama), Hum Tum(Hum Tum). He won from Asansol
Those Who Lost
- Smriti Irani (BJP): Lost from Amethi. The ‘bahu’ (of ‘Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi’ television serial) was pitted against Rahul Gandhi (who just managed to scrape through)
- Raj Babbar (Congress): Lost from Ghaziabad
- Gul Panang (AAP): Lost from Chandigarh
- Prakash Jha (Janata Dal): Lost from Paschim Champaran. The director lost third time from this constituency.
- Bappi Lahiri (BJP): Lost from Serampore
- Nagma (Congress): Lost from Meerut
- Jaya Prada (RLD): Lost from Bijnor
- Ravi Kishan (Congress): Known as the Amitabh Bachchan of Bhojpuri cinema, he lost from Jaunpur
- Mahesh Manjrekar (MNS): Lost from North-west Mumbai
- Javed Jaaferi (AAP): Lost from Lucknow
- Rakhi Sawant (Rashtriya Aam Party): Lost from Mumbai North West, managed to get mere 15 votes
Some of the Pictures That Went Viral during the Elections
Amisha Patel & Rajiv Shukla during a roadshow for Congress candidate Nand Gopal Gupta in Allahabad
Actress Nagma publicly touched by Congress legislator Gajraj Singh who tried to kiss her while she was campaigning in Hapur.
Actor turned politician Chiranjeevi allegedly jumped the queue and was asked by a voter to return to his place and respct the voter’s queue.
Bollywood makes grand entry into Parliament
Top Bollywood stars like Hema Malini, Smriti Irani, Vinod Khanna and Paresh Rawal, entered the lower house of the Indian Parliament in 2014. Read more here…
Here are some more funny pics/memes from Indian Politics
- Young Indian Leader Feels Politicians Are Losing Space to Film Celebs & Business Tycoons
- Celebs take a stand against the Government / Political class
- Gangsters and Politicians Using Film Industry to Convert “Black” Money into “White”?
- RGV Says SRK Losing to Salman & the Reasons are the Same Why Kamal Lost to Rajinikanth