Thanks to the blockbuster ‘Sultan’, Salman Khan has paid the highest advance tax for the financial year 2016-17, according to reports.
Salman beat other superstars like Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan with his tax returns.
Key findings of the report:
- Salman Khan paid a whopping Rs 44.5 crore as tax for the financial year.
- The biggest increase in earning was that of comedian-turned-Actor Kapil Sharma. Kapil paid an advance tax of Rs 23.9 crore (compared to only Rs 7 crore last year).
Also Read: Kapil Sharma assaults Sunil Grover
- Aamir Khan was not the highest tax payer because we assume guess Dangal’s income will be reported in the next financial year)
- Karan Johar is the only director in the top ten highest income tax payers in Bollywood.
- Advance tax figures of Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan were not available as they are said to be linked to the Panama Papers leak case.