Bollywood celebrities share their relationship with Luxury Watches, why they find it fascinating, and reveal the brands that they own.
Celebrities who’re brand ambassadors of luxury watches, usually associate with brands, that they feel are an extension of their own personalities.
Bollywood Stars and their High-End Timepieces:
- Shahrukh Khan – TAG Heuer
- Hrithik Roshan – Rado
- Amitabh Bachchan – Longines
- Saif Ali Khan – Jaeger LeCoultre, Reverso, Grande Taille
- Emraan Hashmi – Audemars, Piguet
- Ranbir Kapoor – Jack Heuer, Carrera
Hollywood actors and their watches:
- Seal (Kiss From A Rose) has a very expensive Richard Mille gold timepiece (worth around $475,000.)
- Modern James Bond Daniel Craig wears Rolex watches most of the time
- James Bond Pierce Brosnan wore Omega Seamaster in all of his James Bond movies.
- Oscar award winner Leonardo DiCaprio is a TAG Heuer ambassador, and wears TAG Heuer watches.
- Robert Downy, Jr. wore several different Jaeger LeCoultre watches while promoting his film ‘Iron Man 3’
In India, Rolex, Rado, Omega are among the more popular luxury watch brands. However, there are several other top brands that manufacture luxury watches – Alain Siberstein, Audemars Piguet, Blancpain, Chopard, Fortis, Franck Mueller, IWC, Jaeger-Le Coultre, Patek Phillipe, and Ulysse Nardin to name a few.
Though the general population may not be aware of most of these brands, true connoisseurs and aficionados usually buy watches of these brands.
Hrithik Roshan & Rado Watches
Hrithik Roshan opens up on his relationship with Luxury Watch Brand ‘Rado’<.strong> (a Swiss-based manufacturer of watches, with headquarters in Lengnau, Switzerland.)
Rado’s uncompromising commitment to excellence, its spirit of taking dreams to another level and having the courage, intelligence and determination to make them come true, are a few of the many reasons that motivated Hrithik Roshan to associate with the Swiss watch manufacturer.
Accessory and Investment
For Hrithik, watch is an accessory that epitomises his style and is subtle yet elegant. He also shares that watches reflect his state-of-mind, and fortunately he has enough to match every mood and occasion. The Bang Bang star is of the opinion that choosing the right brand makes for a great investment. “My father used to wear a Rado watch when I was eight or nine years old. It made him look strong and masculine. So watches were always aspirational.”
Hrithik feels that in the international space, brown is becoming the new black and is one of this year’s trending colours.
Why Buy a Luxury Watch?
Here are some of the reasons why men love to wear luxury watches.
- Prestigious brands are held in high esteem, in the social sphere
- Great accessory to display your wealth (in a subtle manner)
- Prestigeous brands are more appealing to watch collectors
- Luxury watches are more like investments (because of the jewelry pieces) and retain value over time (in the resale market).
- Japan produces some of the most economical luxury watches.
Watch: Hong Kong’s Million-Dollar Watches