Here’s what Amitabh Bachchan loves about Mumbai, the city of dreams that helped Bachchan realize his ambitions and made him the Shahenshah of Bollywood.
- It’s a kind of city that actually wakes you up in the morning, kicks you on the backside and says get out and get a job for yourself. It really pushes you.
Every day that I just sat at home, didn’t want to do anything, there was a sense of guilt that I hadn’t gone out and done something (during his struggling days), and I think that most people that reside in this city would have a similar sentiment, because you feel like getting up and doing something and not just be idling your time.”
I have many reasons to be proud of (Mumbai). I am proud of the fact that this is the place that gave me my job and my profession that I like. It gave me my wife, my children, my grandchildren, my first home, my first car, my first film salary … I now can’t see myself wanting to live anywhere else,” Amitabh Bachchan.
- After a day when you’ve been rejected from several production offices and you haven’t got a job, Juhu beach is where we used to come and spend our time. There’s small eateries on the main beach where you get delicious stuff to eat, with the kind of money that you can afford, and that’s always good.”
Today Mr. Bachchan owns a couple of bungalows in Juhu.Loading...
- Marine Drive, (also called the Queen’s Necklace) in South Mumbai is where Bachchan spent a night during his early days in Mumbai. “I didn’t have a place to stay that night so I spent it on a bench on Marine Drive. I do go back there. It’s always wonderful to go back to the place. Drive past and at times walk past it, just remember those old times.
- The moment you come to Mumbai you just feel very relaxed, you just feel that everything is going to be all right and that’s a wonderful character.
Mumbai’s Gateway of India is a great symbol (like Eiffel Tower in Paris), a symbol as an entrance to the city … You identify a city with a certain kind of structure and that’s what it does.
- Bachchan’s favorite places in and around Mumbai – Elephanta Caves, The Shree Siddhivinayak Temple, The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
Watch: Most beautiful views of Mumbai
Also Read: Mumbai Tourism: Major Attractions.